Monday, October 10, 2011

"Why I Write" by Terry Tempest Williams

           I liked this paper because it has a lot of imagery. For example, "I write to soothe the voices shouting inside me, outside me, all around me." This paper speaks to me because I like how the writer expresses herself. "Why I write" appeals to me because it has so much passion. Her tone is inspirational. This text shows that there is so much more to writing then most people see. Everybody writes for different reasons. This paper mostly ties in pathos because it shows passion and imagery. One of my favorite sentences in this paper is, "I write because it is dangerous, a bloody risk, like love, to form the words, to say the words, to touch the source, to be touched, to reveal how vulnerable we are, how transient."

No comments:

Post a Comment